Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Follow inmybeautybag on Twitter

Friday, July 8, 2011

Hayden's Sea Shell

I found the most beautiful, tiny, white sand dollar when I went to Cayucos/Morro Bay this past weekend for 4th of July. I couldn't help but think of Hayden as this perfectly formed, beautiful creature lay so peaceful on the sand, washed up by the ocean. I wrote a poem to go with it, and here is a photo of the shell I found. I thought it would be appropriate since today, Hayden would have been 6 months old.



Hayden's Sea Shell
By: Kaila Pfeifer

I found a little sea shell, 
so tiny and so small,
white and pure and beautiful,
and perfect best of all.

To see something so fragile, 
and perfect as can be,
it's really hard to understand,
why it was washed up by the sea.

I picked it up and held it,
knowing nothing was inside,
I thought, 'how could something
so perfect be left behind.'

So I put it in my pocket,
and it sits here on my shelf,
reminding me of others,
who have gone through a loss like myself.

This tiny little sea shell,
formed and made so perfect,
just as my little angel was,
and that is something I won't forget. 

It doesn't matter, human or not,
the loss tears at your soul,
It must hurt the ocean too,
to lose something so beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. :)) I love it..I've never EVER seen a sand dollar so tiny and perfect. I live this!

    ReplyDelete