Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Follow inmybeautybag on Twitter

Friday, October 15, 2010

Today Something Clicked

Today, I am 16 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Someone said to me today, 'You should have waited longer after you were 21 to get pregnant.' Really? How dare they? This is the most amazing thing that has ever occurred in my and my husband's life and I could not be prouder or happier to be experiencing this amazing time in my life. Of course, the times of going out with friends, being skinny, and partying like it's 1969 were great, but as I lay here in bed every night and get to feel this beautiful baby moving around (I have just the last couple days been feeling it quite a bit more often hehe), those days can honestly be just a memory because there is not place I would rather be in my life then right here. When this person said this to me, not only was I shocked and offended, but it became clear to me how little this person knew me and how much I don't care about what others think about me anymore. Watching my child move around on that ultrasound screen while my husband stared grinning ear to ear right next to me, so excited that he recognized the baby's spine, made me realize that no one, not even the most cruel and evil, will ever take the joy that I feel away from me; or from us. What a rejuvenating feeling :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment