Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Follow inmybeautybag on Twitter

Saturday, January 22, 2011

May have found my calling??

So, since all of this happened and I left the hospital, every day I searched for organizations that help moms like me, or online support groups, or just forums where I could talk to other moms that know how I feel. I came across one called Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope. On this site, women who have experienced loss through miscarriage, still birth, or infant loss come together and post a photo of their face along with their story. I read a few stories which were so similar to mine that it made me cry, and then browsed the site a little. There was a link to their organization called I am the Face. I loved it. There, were just the faces of all these women who have experienced these pregnancy and infant losses, just as I have. There were so many; thousands. I visited this site every day for a few days and posted their logo as my profile picture on Facebook. This morning I was looking at the site again and came across the fact that they are looking for group leaders for support groups in cities everywhere! I scrolled through the California list and saw that there was not a group yet formed in the Fresno or Clovis area! A light bulb went on. Without even thinking about the time or energy that would need to go into a group like this, I applied to start heading the Fresno and Clovis area Face2Face Friendship and Support group. And guess what, about 3 hours ago, I got an e-mail back with the packet of paperwork to start! I am so excited!!! The first meeting will be Friday, Feb 25. Location is currently TBA until I figure out who will be coming. I am just so, so incredibly excited. I am going to make up flyers and pass them out at my doctor's office and at the hospital. If you or anyone you know has experienced a loss at anytime in her life, even if it was 20 years ago, you/they are welcome to join us :) I am also going to get a group together to walk the Angel Babies "Walk to Remember" in honor of Hayden on May 7th. I will keep everyone posted about that :)

Here is the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?cropsuccess&id=100000578230725#!/pages/Face2Face-FresnoClovis/103055686438461

1 comment:

  1. This is so great.. this organization is so healthy for everyone/anyone.. and what the heck..there werent ANY clubs here in this area?! thats crazy! well, im glad it dawned on you, and my help will be endless as you see fit =). just a phone call away =).

    ReplyDelete